Tuesday 30 April 2013

Review: Lady Gaga Black Liquid Perfume "Fame"

Until May 1st, Priceline is having a 30-60% off all their regularly stocked perfumes and since I was in the middle of a move when they had their 40% off sale last week (so annoyed that I missed this!) I thought I could make up for it by picking up something at their perfume sale.

By the way, I'm doing this on the Blogger app while hijacking some wifi...from Macdonalds ^^
so it might look a bit odd as I'm still working out how to make pictures sit correctly and so on, hopefully going to sort out proper internets tomorrow.

So back to the review, but since this is my first proper perfume review maybe a bit of foundation talk is necessary, I am usually drawn towards fruity and sweet scents over anything floral or spicy and one of my some of my favourite perfumes are (in no particular order); nina rici "Nina", Britney Spears "Fantasy" and DKNY apples range (all of them but specifically the Golden Delicious). Hopefully that helps you figure out if your perfume taste is anything like mine ;)

The packaging lists the perfume's notes as "tears of belladonna, crushed heart of tiger orchidea with a black veil of incense, pulverised apricot and the combinative essences of saffron and honey drops". Various websites state that the perfume,instead of the pyramidal structure used in most perfumes, Lady Gaga Fame uses "push-pull technology", where the ingredients demonstrate aspects of each note without precedence. Rather than utilising top, middle, and base notes, the perfume is based on three accords – "dark" (containing the Belladonna notes), "sensual" (containing the honey, saffron, and apricot notes), and "light" (containing the Tiger Orchid notes) which come together to produce a floral, fruity scent.

Now I'm not sure if any of that is legit but it certainly sounds Lady Gaga-ish, it is true that the liquid itself is Black and that once you spray it, it becomes clear so although I was initially concerned I don't think it's going to stain any clothes though I have yet to try it with a white top, if it stains ill update this with a note to say so.

The scent is difficult to describe, it certainly leans towards sweet but not a young girl's sweet scent, it's certainly on the heavier more adult type of sweet, mixed with a deep spiced honey scent, I can still pick out the apricots. If you have not tried take a wiff next time your near somewhere that sells perfumes and I'm certain you will find it very unique even if it is not your personal cup of tea.

Oh, I also picked up Revlons new BB cream with SPF 30!!!! And I'm really excited about it, so hopefully a review will be forthcoming.

What are your favourite perfumes?







2 comments:

  1. I really love the smell of this but I haven't picked it up yet :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's a shame, i think after having this for about two weeks im almost ready to give up all my other perfumes :)

      Delete