Wednesday 15 May 2013

Review MAC Star Violet Eyeshadow!!!




I finally got it! I'm so thrilled to finally add this to my collection as i can now actually show off what a gorgeous shade it is. After i posted up my wish list my boyfriend surprised me with this the next day because he's awesome like that.

MAC Star Violet is a warm pinky-purple with a hint of brown, it has a slightly frosty finish and despite the violet color is still subtle enough to use as an everyday color. I personally like pairing it with a gold or a bronze on my lid and then star violet in the crease. Because it's a warm toned shade it blends really well with other warm shades and neutrals like browns and taupes.



It's fairly pigmented, not crazy so, but nothing terrible. For a subtle shade it's actually a bit better this way as you can build it really easily to get exactly the coverage you want. I've seen it described once that it's best to think about Star Violet as the best supporting actor in your makeup movie not necessarily the main "star".



The eyeshadow itself feels really soft and smooth and glides on with out being patchy or having heap of fall out, it blends really nicely and has a wonderful shimmer to it.

All in all, it's amazing. i love it. It's my favorite eyeshadow that i own :)

What's your favorite/dream eyeshadow?

No comments:

Post a Comment