Friday 25 April 2014

Review: Illamasqua Speckled Nail Polish


Hey all, today I though I would show you Illamasqua's Speckled nail polishes in Fragile (blue) and Mottle (green). I may have discussed these before as they have been on my lust list for quite some time but I could never really justify, however Myer currently has them on sale for $5, so no second thoughts there. 

I just love these so much, I think they are gorgeous, all the speckled eye shadows are the same sort of idea; matte black glitter in small hexagonal and tiny circles in a color base; in this case Fragile is the milky blue base and Mottle is the the mint green base, There are 3 others, a peachy/pink, a lavender shade, and a brown/mustard type shade that was the inspiration for this set of nailpolishes. All of these were from their Imperfect collection, which celebrates beauty found in unlikely places and the beauty found in things that some people might see as flaws. Personally I think that's a lovely idea.



The actual application brush is nothing special, you most standard regular brush, no pro wide brush to be found here, which is fine with me although it is a little unusual as I can't recall I picked up a polish with this or of old fashioned brush. The polish is opaque in two coats and you don;t need a color base for this to show up, what is amazing is the wear on this. I have never tried any other Illamasqua polishes but if these are anything to go by then I would happily swap out everything in my collection for these, what I mean is the swatch below is 4 days old! There is no chipping, there is only the tiniest amount of tip wear. This is amazing, it is with a top coat but I'm still completely impressed!


Have you tried and Illamasqua polish? What's your longest lasting polish?

2 comments:

  1. Ah! I was just in Illamasqua yesterday!! Wish I saw those!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks nice. I usually wear a topcoat and basecoat with my polishes and they tend to last 6 or more days. Usually by about day 4 or 5 I get a few little cracks in the polish, but no chips come off unless I am a bit rough on them.

    ReplyDelete