Monday 12 May 2014

Review: Bourjois RougeEdition Velvet in Nude-is

As some regular readers may recall, once upon a time in a world before I had a make up obsession my go to lip product for about three years was the Bourjois Matte Lip Creme, this meant that the moment I saw these at Priceline (while buying other lip products anyway) there was no way I could say no to at least one of these. 
It's a small bottle, and for $24 it's on the pricey side, however Priceline currently has a spend over $25 deal and get a free makeup bag, mascara and eyeliner pen, so that might make it a bit easier.It's a very interesting product, I have always been a fan of matte lip products (See Lime Crime Velvetines & Revlon Matte Lip Balm) and this one is no exception although it's texture makes it that little bit more special.

There are around 8 shades available, I picked the most neutral and wearable shade names Nude-is, although it's not really a nude more like a nude with a browny/pink based and very suitable as a My Lips But Better shade. It's very lightweight and feels like it glides onto the lips. It has a doe foot applicator and you have about 30-45 seconds or so to fix it up before it settles and dries down but because the texture is almost silicon like it really makes application a breeze.

As with any matte lip product you will need a bit of TLC on your lips, but I find this product is much more forgiving them most mattes and one of the reasons is because it's so richly pigmented.


Layering is also not a problem, while some products make it difficult because a second coat will get rid of the previous one, the Rouge Velvet can be layers as much as you like/need but I personally didn't need more then one coat with a few touch ups. They last very well I was able to get a good 6 hours and that included a lunch and several coffees. 

 I really love this lipstick, the texture is really what sells it for me, I'm not sure if I will pick up any other colors as the rest are all very bright colors but I will seriously consider it, and if they bring out any more neutrals then I will be 100% sold.

What's your favorite type of lip product?

No comments:

Post a Comment